Best Ever Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole With Pecan Crumble


Thanksgiving is ONE week away! So much yes. Growing up it was my second favorite holidays (Christmas being first of course). I always woke up early to set the table (always my job that I took very seriously) and help my mom out in the kitchen. Pure bliss. My favorite dish then and now (besides dessert) was/is the sweet potato casserole. Back then we used candied yams, lots of butter, sugar, brown sugar and marshmallows. It’s no wonder why it was my favorite! It basically was a dessert in itself.

With that being said, I wanted to create a grown up, vegan version of my beloved childhood favorite dish. Trust me when I say….I created my new favorite thanksgiving dish. The best ever vegan sweet potato casserole with pecan crumble. I cannot wait to serve this up to my family next week. I know they are absolutely going to devour it. If you’re looking for a sweet potato casserole recipe, look no more. This is it my friend!

This vegan sweet potato casserole comes together in around an hour and requires just 10 ingredients!

Ingredients:


  • 3.5 pounds sweet potatoes (about 10 cups or 4 large sweet potatoes)
  • 2 Tbsp vegan butter (or normal butter if not vegan)
  • ¼ cup maple syrup
  • ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
  • ½ tsp vanilla
  • Pinch of sea salt & cinnamon (optional)

Topping

  • 1 cup pecans
  • ⅓ cup AP flour (or flour of choice)
  • ½ cup coconut sugar
  • 4.5 Tbsp melted coconut oil
  • Pinch of sea salt cinnamon (optional)

Instructions:


  1. Peel and chop your sweet potatoes into medium size chunks.
  2. Place in a large pot with water and a healthy pinch of sea salt.
  3. Bring pot to a boil then lower to medium/high and boil until sweet potatoes are fork tender (about 15 minutes).
  4. In the meantime prepare your crumble. Add all crumble ingredients to a food processor and pulse a until combined (or you can do by hand just make sure you use pecan pieces). It took me only 5 or 6 pulses. You still want chunks! Set aside.
  5. Get full recipe==>>nutritionalfoodie.com

LihatTutupKomentar